An exciting opportunity has arisen at Mansfield Town Football Club for an enthusiastic, proactive and knowledgeable individual to join the Academy’s Department of Sports Science and Medicine as Head of Academy Science and sports medicine.
Based at: HR Academy, Pleasley, NG19 7RT
Salary: Depending on experience (to be discussed during the interview)
Type of employment: Full time
Application deadline: May 06, 2022
The successful candidate should have excellent communication skills and work within a multidisciplinary team.
Applicants will also need to possess excellent assessment and treatment skills to enable high-level medical and rehabilitation care for all involved in our academy.
An expected knowledge of injury reduction methods will also be required.
– Manage the medical service of the academy
– Communicating regularly with the academy management team and first team physiotherapist, ensuring all staff are kept up to date on injuries and illnesses
– Support the long-term development of Mansfield Town’s academy by ensuring the club meets the requirements of the EPPP audit process
– Provide accurate and effective treatment methods to ensure players return to training by meeting objective criteria for safe return to training
– Keep abreast of CPD and the latest evidence-based research and apply it to treatment and rehabilitation practice
– Lead injury management and reduction strategies for all awardees governed by the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP)
– Perform medical testing throughout the season and implement the results into an injury reduction management program
– Provide field side medical cover for all school games and ensure games and training within the academy have appropriate medical cover
– Ensure accurate medical notes are documented on the Performance Management Application (PMA)
– Arrange heart screenings, medical screenings and consultation appointments for academy players who need them
– Undertake musculoskeletal medical examinations for all new scholarship recipients
-B.Sc. Physiotherapy or M.Sc. Physiotherapy
– CSP and HCPC registration
-Work experience in sport
-A flexible approach to working hours due to the demands of evening and weekend work
– British driving license
– Advanced Medical Trauma Management in Football (ATMMiF)
– Computer skills – Experience working with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
-Work experience in a professional football academy
– Evidence of relevant post-graduate continuing professional development
-Knowledge of strength and conditioning
– Understanding of the EPPP and the PMA
The EFL has introduced affirmative action measures aimed at tackling the under-representation of coaches and managers from Black, Asian and Minority (BAME) backgrounds.
MTFC welcomes male applicants and female applicants of BAME origin.
Please note that this is a vital position within the Academy department at Mansfield Town Football Club and will require a high degree of commitment to the role, including evening work and the weekend.
Please send a CV and cover letter (Ensure Equality Form Completion) to [email protected]
Click here to fill out the equality form.
The deadline for submitting applications is Friday, May 6, 2022
Interview dates will be confirmed.